27 August 2010

the reality sets in...

Earlier this week, it seemed like my departure was 2 months away. Wednesday was my last day of work, which I figured would be a big step toward my trip- and it was. It was much harder than I thought it would be to say good-bye to all of the amazing residents at Meadow Lake Village who I've come to know over the last year and a half. While saying 'bon voyage', the reality of my trip being just 1 week away sunk in. Wow-

I got home and the fact that I wasn't going back to work the next day, or even the next week was shocking. The fact that I was leaving home in 1 week seemed unreal. And the fact that I was leaving the country in a week and a half, blew my mind. For the first time, this was all real... my future is now. Of all the plans I've made (if you know me- its a lot) this one is happening.

Backpack ready, ticket in hand, following a dream... dreaming reality.
There's no turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment