24 September 2010

long time no update...

Between sketchy hostel internet and staying so busy- I havent updated in a while, and a lot has been going on.

First off, after 5 amazing days in Ireland I flew to Paris for 2 beautiful nights...


Paris was nice- a big city, a lot going on, and of course... the Eiffel Tower
I landed at Paris Beauvais Airport, 1 hour by bus outside of the city. Driving in I was dozing off in my seat and I opened my eyes and realized we were driving on the right side of the street! After 2 weeks of being in countries that drive on the left, it was so familiar to be back to normal.
I saw the Eiffel tower for the first time at 11:53pm, bright and twinkling with lights. The next day I was determined to visit it... you would think it would be the easiest thing in Paris to find.. its not. Walking around, you can't see it... once you turn the corner its gone. So I walked and walked and looked at my map the wrong directions, asked people around me using broken french, but eventually took a taxi right to it. Wow, it was unreal to be standing below it... the first thought in my head was "Its brown????" I always assumed it was metalic or something.. but no.
The Charles de Gaulle was so beautiful too, huge and picturesque. Notre Dame was almost as I imagined, gothic and medievel, big, but the gargoyles were very small compared to what I thought it would be... odd observations I guess.
I think thats all on Paris, it was a nice stay, but I dont think I was there long enough to form a major opinion... It really is a romantic city though.

2 comments:

  1. How fun AJ. I didn't realize they drove on the "right" side in France. These are great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya! I guess only the UK drives on the left :)

    ReplyDelete